IF I DID IT - Confessions of the Killer (SPOILERS)

Cierra G. Rowe
June 16, 2018



Orenthal James Simpson: A name sure to garnish frowns, insults and possibly shudders. Is this man a killer? Did this man have a hand in his wife and Ron Goldman's murders? I have no fucking idea but this book does a terrific job of convincing me of as much. I've perused the spectrum of conspiracies, from Jason Simpson, the raging knife wielding maniac to Glen Edward Rogers, the peculiar serial killer. The various theories are engrossing but leave more questions than answers. 

The proof is in the pudding, so to speak. What sets this book aside from any number of theories regarding the crime is that the accused (OJ) puts himself (and ''Charlie'') at the site of the murder, covered in blood while holding the knife. In this book OJ speaks to us directly and through his words, he sets the scene. 

-------------SPOILERS AHEAD-------------

THE SCENE:
Beginning at p.123

- An unfamiliar car parks a short way across the street near OJ's home.
- The driver gets out and waves from the distance. At first OJ doesn't know who it is but as he comes closer he realizes that it is ''Charlie''. 
-Charlie isn't himself. He's got something to tell OJ about Nicole.
-Charlie tells OJ about a couple of guys who told him that they had partied with Nicole and her friend while drinking, using drugs and engaging in sexual activity in Cabo a few months back.
- OJ becomes upset :
''I tried to count to ten. I didn't make it. By the time I got to three I realized that Charlie was right. He wasn't the enemy. Nicole was the enemy.'' (p.125)
- OJ tells Charlie to ''come on'' and they get into the Bronco.
Charlie: ''Where are we going OJ?''
OJ: ''We're going to scare the shit out that girl.''(p.125)
-----
OJ parks the Bronco in the alley behind Nicole's condo, near a chain linked fence.
Charlie: ''Let's go the fuck back to your house.''
OJ: ''You worry too much.''
Charlie: ''What if she's with someone?''
OJ: ''She better not be. Not with my kids in the house.''
-----
-OJ reaches into the backseat for his blue wool cap and his gloves (which he usually uses for golf). 
Charlie: ''What the fuck are you doing, man? You look like a burglar.''
OJ: ''Good.'' 
-OJ reaches under the seat for his very nice limited edition knife.
OJ: ''Nice, huh? Check out that blade.'' (p.128)
----
-OJ makes his way across the alley and nears Nicole's front door. 
((((((THEIR KIDS ARE SLEEPING UPSTAIRS))))))
-While outside her condo he notices candles burning through the windows.
-Nicole's condo gate squeaks and in walks Ron Goldman (''like he owned the fucking place'') (p.128)
----
OJ: ''Who the fuck are you?'' (p.128)
RON: ''I, uh - I just came by to return a pair of glasses.''
OJ: ''Really? A pair of glasses, huh?''
RON: ''Yes. Judy left them at the restaurant. I'm a waiter at Mezzaluna.''
OJ: ''So it's Judy, is it? You're on a first name basis with Judy.''
-The gate squeaks again and ''Charlie'' enters the scene behind Ron.
-Charlie is carrying the knife that OJ mentioned earlier.
CHARLIE: ''Everything cool here? I saw this guy walking through the gate, and I just wanted to make sure there wasn't going to be any trouble.''
OJ: ''This motherfucker wants me to believe that he's here dropping off a pair of Judy's glasses.''
RON: ''I am. (he holds up the envelope he brought) Look for yourself''
OJ: ''And then what? You were going back to the restaurant?''
RON: ''No. My shift's over. I'm just leaving these here and going home.''
OJ: ''You expect me to believe that?''
RON: ''I don't expect anything. I'm telling you the truth.''
OJ: ''You're a fucking liar!''
RON: ''I'm not. I swear to God.''
OJ: ''She's got candles burning inside. Fucking music playing. Probably a nice bottle of red wine breathing on the counter, waiting for you.''
RON: ''Not for me.''
OJ: ''Fuck you man! You think I'm fucking stupid or something?!''
----
-The front door opens and out steps Nicole, wearing a slinky little black cocktail dress. She's surprised and looks at OJ, Ron and Charlie. 
NICOLE: ''OJ what the fuck is going on?''
OJ (looking at Nicole): ''That's what I want to know.''
-Charlie moves closer. OJ is about to lose his temper.
OJ (speaking to Ron): ''I'm listening motherfucker!''
NICOLE: ''OJ! Leave him the fuck alone! What are you doing here anyway? I thought you were going to Chicago.''
OJ: ''Fuck you.''
RON: ''Hey, man, that's not necessary.''
CHARLIE: ''Let's just get the fuck out of here, OJ.''
RON: ''I asked you a question, motherfucker. What are you doing here? You delivering drugs?''
NICOLE: ''Leave him alone OJ!''
OJ: ''I hear half you assholes are dealing on the side.''
-Nicole comes at OJ swinging.
NICOLE: ''Get the fuck out of here! This is my house and I can do what I want!''
OJ: ''Not in front of my kids, you can't!''
NICOLE: ''Fuck you!''
OJ: ''No, fuck you. I gave you everything you could ask for, and you fucked it all up.''
-Nicole comes at OJ. OJ ducks and Nicole loses her balance, falling hard against the stoop on her right side. 
-OJ hears the back of Nicole's head hitting the ground. Nicole lays there for a moment, not moving.
CHARLIE: ''Jesus christ, OJ let's get the fuck out of here!''
-OJ, fuming, looks at Ron. Ron feels threatened and gets into his karate stance.
OJ: ''What the fuck is that? You think you can take me with your karate shit?''
-Ron begins circling OJ, bobbing and weaving.
CHARLIE: ''OJ come on!''
-Nicole begins stirring on the ground, regaining consciousness. 
CHARLIE: ''We are fucking done here man, let's go!''
-OJ takes the knife from Charlie.
OJ: ''We're not going anywhere.''
-Ron is still circling OJ, bobbing and weaving.
OJ: ''You think you're tough, motherfucker?''
-OJ moves toward Ron.
OJ: ''Okay, motherfucker! Show me how tough you are!''

Then something went horribly wrong...

-OJ's shirt is covered in blood. (p.132)
-OJ looks down and sees Nicole on the ground curled up in the fetal position not moving. He also sees Ron slumped against the bars of the fence, not moving. Both Nicole and Ron are lying in giant pools of blood. (p.123)

-OJ doesn't understand the blood all over his knife. He thinks he is dreaming (p.133)
-OJ looks down at his blood soaked clothing and notices his hand, wrist and half of his right forearm are also covered in blood.
-Charlie is standing in the shadows a few feet away, his mouth is hanging open, his breathing is short and ragged. He is staring past OJ at the bodies.
OJ calls out to Charlie, met by no answer. 
CHARLIE: ''Jesus christ OJ - what have you done?'' (p.133)


...


Image result for woman confused gif
Yes...



Based on this book OJ Simpson is guilty. He pretty much told us so.
He didn't just make the tea. He served it.

I recommend purchasing your copy. It's certainly worth a read and gives you a closer look into his and Nicole's problematic marriage from OJ's point of view.








Cierra G. Rowe is a fine artist who enjoys writing.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miki Naoe - Solos (Nala Records 2021)

DIANA : Her True Story - In Her Own Words